CHILD CARDIOPULMONARY RESUSCITATION
ASSESS FOR UNRESPONSIVENESS
A -OPEN THE AIRWAY
- Place victim flat on his/her back with their head to your right, on a hard surface.
- With your right hand on the child's forehead, and the left pinching the chin, tilt the victim's head back.
B - ASSESS FOR
- Position your cheek close to victim's nose and mouth, look
toward victim's chest, and
- Look, listen, and feel for
breathing. (5-10 seconds)
enough air to make the chest rise (if available use
- If not breathing, pinch the victim's nose and cover the victim's mouth with your mouth. Give
GIVE 2 VENTILLATIONS
If breaths won't go in, reposition head and try again to give breaths. If
still blocked, do C.P.R.
- If air goes in, check for responsiveness, or signs of life.
- If there is no signs of life , begin chest compressions as follows:
- Take Left hand,and place it in the center of the chest.
30 compressions and 2 breaths (rate: 100
- Depress chest approximately 1".
DO CHEST COMPRESSIONS
If no response after 1 minute, call emergency medical system dial-911
Return to victim and continue C.P.R. CONTINUE
UNINTERRUPTED UNTIL ADVANCED CARDIAC LIFE SUPPORT IS AVAILABLE.