CHILD HEIMLICH MANUVER
Look for the Universal Sign of the victim's hand across their throat.
- If the victim is making sound or moving air, encourage them to cough.
- If the victim is not making sound, or is turning color, intervene.
- Announce to the victim that you know the Heimlich Manuver and can help!
- Have someone activate emergency medical system -
- If you are alone, perform Heimlich Manuver first, then call 911, because children need air !!!
- Stand behind the victim with your arms wrapped around the
- Feel for the victim's xiphoid process with your left hand.
- Make a fist with your right hand and place it (THUMB IN)below the left hand.
- Wrap the left hand over the right hand.
- Give inward and upward thrusts towards the shoulder blades.
- Repeat this until either the obstruction is removed, or the victim becomes unconscious.
CONTINUE UNINTERRUPTED UNTIL ADVANCED LIFE SUPPORT IS AVAILABLE.
- If the victim becomes unconscious, assist them to the ground and perform C.P.R.