INFANT CARDIOPULMONARY RESUSCITATION
PINCH INFANT HAND OR TOE TO ASSESS FOR UNRESPONSIVENESS
IF NO RESPONSE, IMMEDIATELY GO TO WORK, BECAUSE KIDS NEED AIR !!!
A -OPEN THE AIRWAY
- Place victim flat on his/her back with their head to your right, on a hard surface.
- With your right hand cupped in a "C" shape, grab and tilt the victim's head back.
B - ASSESS FOR
- Position your cheek close to victims' nose and mouth, look
toward victims' belly, and
- Look, listen, and feel for
breathing (5-10 seconds)
- If not breathing, cover victim's nose and mouth with your mouth and give enough air to make the chest BEGIN to rise (if available use
GIVE 2 VENTILLATIONS
- If breaths won't go in, reposition head and try again to give breaths. If
still blocked, do the Heimlich Manuver
UNINTERRUPTED UNTIL ADVANCED CARDIAC LIFE SUPPORT (ACLS) IS AVAILABLE.
- If air goes in, check for responsiveness, or signs of life.
- If there is no signs of life , begin chest compressions as follows:
- Take Left hand,and extend the middle 3 finers. Place them on the infant's
- chest with the index finger in the center of the chest at the nipple-line.
- Raise the index finger and depress sternum 1 inch using the remaining 2 fingers.
- Perform 30 compressions and 2 breaths(rate: >100
DO CHEST COMPRESSIONS
- If no response after 1 minute, call emergency medical system dial-911
- Return to victim and continue C.P.R.