INFANT HEIMLICH MANUVER
Intervene if the infant is turning color, or is not making sound !!!
- Place victim flat on his/her back with their head to your right, on a hard surface.
- With your left hand cupped in a "C" shape, grab the infant by the jaw and rest the remainder of your arm
across the infant's body.
5 back blows at the level of the infant's
shoulder blades with the heel of your right hand.
- Lift the infant with your left hand and invert the victim so
their body is resting across the rescuer's left arm with the legs straddling your arm.
- Lower the victim's head.
- With the infant's back towards you, perform
- Sandwich the infant between both arms, supporting the head with your right hand.
- Invert the victim to the right arm, facing upwards with the legs straddling your right arm
and move the victim to the level of your chest.
Take the left hand,and extend the middle 3 fingers. Place them on the infant's
chest with the index finger in the center of the chest at the nipple-line.
Raise the index finger and depress sternum 1 inch using the remaining 2 fingers.
Perform 5 compresions.
Look in the infant's mouth to see if the foreign body has been displaced.
If no foreign body is seen, cover the victim's mouth and nose with your
mouth and attempt to ventilate.
If no air goes in, reposition the head and try again.
If no response after 1 minute, call emergency medical system dial-911
Return to victim and continue the Heimlich Manuver. CONTINUE
UNINTERRUPTED UNTIL ADVANCED CARDIAC LIFE SUPPORT (ACLS) Recertification Online IS AVAILABLE.